News, news, news! The application form for the position of E.R.I.C. President is now OPEN!
If you are interested in this position, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Application for E.R.I.C. President 2021-2022: https://forms.gle/PQJznxaGFkmu2UVD7
Deadline to submit the application: 27.02.2021
Article 12. The roles and responsibilities of President as described in E.R.I.C.’s Code of Policies.
President – The President roles and responsibilities are:
- Manage and lead the organization to accomplish its objectives;
- Oversee and coordinate the activities of the Executive Board and the Committee of Country Representatives;
- Chair the General Assembly and the Executive Board;
- Report to the Committee of Country Representatives on the development of the activities of the Board;
- Represent E.R.I.C. with respect to all other organizations.
Conditions of a candidate
A candidate for an Executive Board position must comply with all the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a Rotaractor from one of the E.R.I.C. Member Districts;
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Be fluent in English, both written and spoken;
- Have served as either past member of the E.R.I.C. Committee of Representatives, past member of the E.R.I.C. Executive Board, or DRR;
- Have a wide knowledge of Rotaract and Rotary;
- A member of the Executive Board – when in office – may not cumulate her/his position within the Executive board with another function in the Executive Board, nor with the role as CR or DRR.
The position of the President is the only executive role that is voted prior to the EuCo, during the Winter E.R.I.C. meeting (the month of January of each year). An exception will happen in 2021 due to the worldwide situation prohibiting us from meeting in person. The President will be elected in the month of March 2021 as part of the E.R.I.C. Meeting.
If there is no candidate, the presidential election is postponed to the E.R.I.C. meeting during the EUCO conference in May 2021.
The member districts elect the President, whose task is to run the E.R.I.C. and to accomplish the following:
- Being the Chief Executive Officer of the E.R.I.C.;
- Presiding over both the E.R.I.C. Committee of Representatives and the E.R.I.C. Executive Board;
- Directing the work and activities of the E.R.I.C.;
- Having full access to the E.R.I.C. account which is located in Luxembourg;
- The E.R.I.C. meeting during each one of the European events is organized by means of cooperation between the President and Vice-President with the support of the CR of the hosting country. The agenda is determined by the President in support of the VicePresident and in cooperation with the Executive Board. This provision also applies to plenary sessions and workshops of European events.11 The President applies the decisions voted during the E.R.I.C. Meetings. They render an account of their activities, including his/her progress and results, their new goals, and the work of their staff, to the members of the Committee during every E.R.I.C. Meeting. They represent E.R.I.C. with respect to all other organizations and external communications when needed.