How to help the people of Ukraine?
On this page, you can find information about the ongoing projects of Rotaract clubs in Europe supporting the people in need from the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, fundraising options, information about the current situation in the neighboring countries that are on the first line, and more.
Rotaract Europe aid to Ukraine – Fundraise
You can make personal or club donations via bank transfer. You can use bank service providers like PayPal, Revolut, Wise, etc. to avoid fees.
Beneficiary: Rotaract Europe ASBL – Help account
IBAN: LU30 0019 7055 1338 2000
BIC / SWIFT: BCEELULL Bank: Spuerkeess
Subject: Donation Ukraine
Moshchun Housing Project
In 2023 we support the Moshchun Housing Project for rebuilding the destroyed city of Moshchun, initiated by Rotary clubs in Ukraine and several other organizations in partnership with the Ukrainian state.
Objective – Modular Houses
1. Temporary housing
The aim of the project is to build about 300 modular houses:
– Cost of one modular house – $10’000 USD
– Cost of appliances and furniture to be installed in it (fridge, washing machine, etc.) – up to $ 12’500 USD
2. Basic principles:
– No complicated design, innovative materials or sophisticated logistics
– Use of local materials
– “Ready to use” solutions
– Modular house is given for free of charge usage until the restoration of permanent housing
For more information, download the full presentation below.
Where more can I donate?
In response to the deepening humanitarian crisis in Ukraine, The Rotary Foundation has created an official channel for donors around the world to contribute funds to support the relief efforts underway by Rotary districts and has designated its Disaster Response Fund as the main avenue for contributions.
To this end, The Rotary Foundation has approved:
- Now through 30 June 2022, designated Rotary districts that border Ukraine and the Rotary district in Ukraine may apply for grants of up to $50,000 each from the Disaster Response Fund. These expedited disaster response grants can be used to provide relief to refugees or other victims of the crisis including items such as water, food, shelter, medicine and clothing.
- During this same period, other impacted Rotary districts that wish to offer support to refugees or other victims of the crisis in their district can apply for $25,000 grants from the Disaster Response Fund.
- Now through 30 April 2022, Rotary districts can transfer unallocated District Designated Funds (DDF) to support the Disaster Response Fund, directly supporting these Ukraine-specific humanitarian grants.
- Contributions to the Disaster Relief Fund in support of Ukraine can be made here. All funds need to be received into the Disaster Response Fund by 30 April 2022 in order to qualify for use in support of the Ukrainian relief efforts.
- Although the Disaster Response Fund will be the main avenue for Rotary Foundation support, Rotary and Rotaract clubs are also encouraged to create their own responses to the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine.
In addition to support provided through the Disaster Response Fund, the Foundation is coordinating with partners and regional leaders, exploring effective solutions to the increased humanitarian needs.
- We are in contact with the United Nations High Commission on Refugees – USA to prepare for and respond to the needs of those being displaced in Ukraine and to neighboring countries.
- ShelterBox, our project partner for disaster response, is in communication with Rotary members in Eastern Europe to explore how it may offer support with temporary transitional housing and other essential supplies.
- The Rotary Action Group for Refugees, Forced Displacement, and Migration is also mobilizing its resources to assist in this crisis.
More than 2 million people have fled Ukraine and are in dire need of emergency aid. The United Nations estimates that number could grow to as many as 5 million people displaced. Rotary clubs in Europe and around the world have stepped up their relief work, some working on the ground to help displaced families.
We will continue to monitor the situation in Ukraine and neighboring countries. Visit My Rotary and follow Rotary on social media to stay updated on how clubs can get involved and what actions Rotary members have taken and the impact it has had for people in the region.
For all other questions and to obtain more information, please contact the Rotary Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UN Refugee Agency
The UN Refugee Agency also have a fundraising campaign in collaboration with the Red Cross for families in need of humanitarian assistance in Ukraine.