We chose poor villages, poor areas, poor neighborhoods and we created this District project and we touched that people’s lives. The main purpose of our project is to construct a ‘Rotaract neighborhood’ in different poor/suburb areas in Izmir.
We reconstructed better life standard to that people with the ambition of 4 main goals:
1. Making workshops and trainings in every field and raising the quality of education for children and for the people in order to provide their personal development.
2. Satisfying needs of that poor people.
3. Vocational and professional courses for poor and uneducated people and supply job opportunities to them and for their public profession.
4. Waste batteries that all rotaractors and the municipality interoperated together to protect the environment and a machine was put all the suburb schools in our Rotaract Neighborhood that people put the waste batteries in it.
As being district 2440 project team, we specified the poor locations that the clubs can choose one location and bring a service to that area in 4 steps. All clubs decided a poor area that district 2440 team advised to them and they all joined to the District 2440 Project.
1. Making workshops and trainings and raising the quality of education for children and for the people in order to provide their personal development. For this aim, the clubs realized breast cancer workshop, free dental screening with a dentist, dental hygiene workshop and also presented them hygiene set, workshop about hygiene and water sanitation and water management, workshop about making mask, mother and child care, breast cancer awareness, conscious drug utilization, literacy course for the people who don’t know how to read and write.
Rotaract Club Balcova, Rotaract Club Izmir, Rotaract Club Konak, Rotaract Club Urla made workshops for brushing teeth, dental and oral hygiene workshop. Also Free dental screening with a dentist, and presenting them hygiene set.
Rotaract Club Buca and Rotaract Club Denizli made ‘healthy diet workshop’ for children in ‘TEGV Sevindik Eğitim Birimi’.100 children attended this workshop. After the workshop finished, rotaractors made quiz show and a christmas new year party for the children and presented all of them new year gifts.
Rotaract club Ege, Rotaract Club Bostanlı,Rotaract Club Konak and Rotaract Club Izmir and Rotaract Club Güzelyalı made workshop about the importance of hygiene and water sanitation and water management.
2. Satisfying a need of that poor people/children. Constructing a classroom for disabled students. Our ambition is to build a new special “Lower Class” in primary schools for the children who are having learning disorder problems: it ‘s a special class established for special children who are already in primary school age however, suffering from severe learning and learning difficulties.The room is ready now by our substantial contrubutions before the new education year in 2015 starts. Students with learning disorder problems having some different needs in order to be more consantrated and safe. We also construted an Art classroom and Music classroom and delivered food packages, clothes and books.
3. Vocational and professional Courses for poor and uneducated people and supply job opportunities to them and for their public profession. The government supplied us Public Education Centers and the responsible person came to examine the target group. Rotaract Club Konak made a course program to teach the people a profession and give them an opportunity to earn their Money with this business in Rotaract Neighbourhood and there was also a ‘how to make cake trainings’. Our main ambition is to supply them to earn their own Money with a job for their family budget.
There were many other courses ‘wood painting course’, ‘certificate program of Sewing course’ and ‘Workshop of being a nurse’.
Rotaract Club cooperated with Turkish Alzheimer Association with this Project. In addition to this, Rotaract Club Izmir constructed and recovered a canteen cafe in the school. They founded ‘’Parent Teacher Association’’ in the school for managing of canteen business. They choose three mothers of students who really need to work. Now these mothers are selling cheaper products and earning their own money for their family budget.
4. Waste batteries that all rotaractors and the municipality interoperated together to protect the environment and a machine was put all the suburb schools in our list that people put the waste batteries in it. This project aims to create an awareness of environmental pollution and encourage recycling and waste batteries. It is a Project that District 2440 rotaractors and the municipality interoperated together. For aim of the Project to protect the environment, we put a machine to all Rotaract Neighborhoods. It is a machine that when you put the waste batteries in it, it gives you a present. To explain the importance of wasting batteries for recycling, we made a joint workshop. Giving information to people about wasting batteries, we thought that we should first have enough knowledge on the subject.