Country : France
District : Rotaract District 1660
Clubs : Rotaract Les Fous du Roy, Rotaract Paris, Rotaract Paris Champs-Elysées, Rotaract Paris Haussmann
–6 Rotaract Clubs deliver Solidarity Christmas Trees to the people of Paris in December 2018 – 4th edition–
What a better time of the year to have people think of solidarity and helping others than Christmas eventhough they’re overbooked? That’s what we’re counting on, especially when we deliver at home an essential element of decoration associated with a very helpful and handy service.
The recipy? Put together the following:
– A vast campaign of communication through our professional, personal and associative network
– Trainings and task descriptions for the volunteers new to the operation
– Logistics planned ahead with itineraries / timing ready for 3 simultaneous delivery teams
– Good communication between the volunteers and with the clients so that they know ahead when they will receive their tree so that they can be present.
– Strong commitment of the volunteers involved
The Solidarity Christmas Trees project started 4 years ago with Rotaract Les Fous du Roy. This year, it become an interclub project with 3 others clubs (Rotaract Paris, Rotaract Paris Champs-Elysées and Rotaract Paris Haussmann), and managed by Simon Bitton and Pierre-Nils Hurbault-Ögren. 2 others clubs are finally join the adventure.
With a preparation over 2 months involving 6 Rotaract Clubs, Scouts & others, 36 volunteers took turns in delivering 237 trees over 2 week-ends. A profit of over 5500 € was generated, from which 100% goes to Handi’Chiens association. Its goal is to train and provide free service dogs.
Want to know more? A comics is created to explain about Rotary, Handi’Chiens and to promote the project : https://www.loscanines.cool/2018/11/22/les-sapins-solidaires